Improving Tracheostomy Care
For a full list of National Tracheostomy Safety Project publications, click here.
The following papers have been published in the medical literature and are relevant to the ITC project. Most are open access and can be found by clicking the links below:
- Multidisciplinary guidelines for the management of tracheostomy and laryngectomy emergencies. McGrath et al. Anaesthesia 2012; 67(9):1025-41
- Evaluating the quality improvement impact of the Global Tracheostomy Collaborative in four diverse NHS hospitals. BMJ Open Quality 2017;6:bmjqir.u220636.w7996.
- The role of Hi Fidelity simulation in designing emergency airway management algorithms: The experience of the UK National Tracheostomy Safety Project. McGrath et al BMJ Simulation & Technology Enhanced Learning. DOI: 10.1136/bmjstel-2017-000267
- Improving tracheostomy care: collaborative national consensus and prioritisation of quality improvements in the United Kingdom. McGrath et al. Medical Research Archives Vol 6 No 1 (2018): Vol.6 Issue 1, January 2018
- Role of the multidisciplinary team in the care of the tracheostomy patient. Bonvento et al. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare [11 Oct 2017, 10:391-398]
- National Tracheostomy Safety Project social media strategy, reaching 1.1 million people in 2018. [Anaesthesia 2019, see link here to on-line version]